Wednesday, August 8, 2012


WEEK 5 EOC: Super Bowl Commercials

The Super Bowl commercial I decided to pick was the Bud-Light rescue dog. Marketing comes to you in the good old traditional forms: You see it in the abundance of products at your nearby shopping mall and in the advertisements that fill your TV screen” (Marketing An Introduction pg 3). This couldn’t be any more true than on Super Bowl Sunday with massive amount of companies paying big money just so you can watch their ads. I remember being glued to my TV during the game when this particular commercial aired and I absolutely loved it.  I love how they used the concept of man's best friend fetching us a nice cold beer, now I wish I could train my dog to do that. “The company must first decide who it will serve” (Marketing An Introduction pg 11) The target group that the ad is after is the young 21- 30 year old male or female that loves to have a good time. "Marketing, more than any other business function, deals with customers" (Marketing An Introduction pg. 3). Bud-Light knows exactly what their customer is after and that is having a good time with friends. They are giving the impression that by the atmosphere of the commercial it starts out with just a couple friends and it grows into a big celebration with everybody being amazed by little “weegos’s” beer fetching trick. I just think this commercial was one of the best ones of that Super Bowl it was very clever and funny at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment