Wednesday, August 15, 2012


Week 6 EOC: Me X3
One personal item that I recently purchased was a skin cover for my phone from the company Skinit. It’s an online company that offers a variety of skins for different electronic items. While browsing online I found the perfect item for my phone which featured a skin of my favorite sports team the San Francisco 49ers. I like that there is abundance of different teams and different themes to choose from. It really gives the feeling of customization. “Dividing a market into smaller segments with distinct needs, characteristics, or behavior that might require separate marketing strategies or mixes” (Marketing an Introduction p.175). Another personal item of mine that I love is cologne that my best friend gave to me as a present. It really defines who I am because I’m always wearing it and most people recognize me by that certain scent. The cologne is called Usher. I enjoy it the most out of all the other colognes that I own. The scent is great not to strong yet very subtle. This is a good example of gender segmentation because the focus is on a guy wanting to smell good. “Dividing a market into different segments based on gender.( Marketing an Introduction p178). A final item that I purchased that I highly treasure would be my cell phone. In the ongoing battle between Apple and Samsung I sided with Samsung and purchased the Samsung galaxy s2. I just love my phone I would be so lost without it. It has many useful features that I enjoy such and navigation music and there are plenty of apps on the android market to choose from as well. I believe this phone was marketed towards people around my same age range which is a good example of age segregation.” Dividing a market into different age and life-cycle groups.” (Marketing an Introduction p178)

     

No comments:

Post a Comment